Friday, July 1, 2011

Fieldwork DAY 2: Ummm...I have seen one of those before.....

Today we visited two schools, one in the morning and the other one in the afternoon. Overall, the first day has been very successful, people have been very kind to stop and talk with us. My general impression is that people is not too aware about cargo bikes but when you explain them how cargo bikes are and what are they useful for, people looks amazed and delighted by the idea, unless they think cycling is dangerous. If that is their idea, the cargo bike concept just horrified them more. The Yuba Mundo was parked next to the school gates, so unless we pointed them out, people did not notice that it was not a normal bike. Aditionally, we were carrying some pictures of cargo bikes -Bakfiets and Christiania Bike - which are more common for people to recognise. Therefore, when I showed the pictures people told me: ....oh, yeah! I have seen one of those before.

No comments:

Post a Comment